Ovarian Cancer Success Story: Lauren (age 54)
Get a free consultation now!
Patient Presentation: Low-Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer
Lauren is a 54-year-old woman with low-grade serous ovarian cancer. She received a bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy (i.e. surgical removal of the ovaries and fallopian tubes). After this procedure she had a CT scan to determine if their was any remaining cancer in her body.
Based on the CT scan results, her doctor told her that she was cancer free and that no further treatment was needed.
However, Lauren wanted to make sure she was doing everything possible to stay healthy. So she reached out to CTOAM for a second opinion.
Ovarian Cancer Success Story
How CTOAM Helped Lauren
1. Created a Personalized Nutraceutical Diet
CTOAM’s cancer experts created a personalized diet plan for Lauren designed to prevent cancer recurrence.
- Based in science: Many nutraceuticals have been proven to regulate specific oncogenes (i.e. cancer driving genes) and tumour suppressor genes (i.e. cancer preventing genes).
- Cancer-fighting foods: Nutraceutical diets are excellent for all aspects of cancer: treatment, management, initial prevention, and prevention of recurrence.
2. Personalized Research and Treatment Recommendations
CTOAM conducted in-depth, personalized research on Lauren’s type of cancer. Based on our findings, we urged her to have her uterus and omentum removed. (The omentum is the large fold of visceral peritoneum that hangs down from the stomach.)
Lauren immediately brought this recommendation to her doctor. They arranged for the procedure as soon as possible.
3. Patient Outcome
Without this surgery, Lauren’s cancer would have returned.
- Cancer was found: During the operation, the same low-grade cancer was found in Lauren’s cervix, uterus, omentum, and the stomach girdle piece. All of the cancer was removed during the surgery.
- Benefits of CTOAM’s second opinion: Had Lauren not gotten a second opinion from CTOAM, the consequences would have been severe. If she’d believed the clean bill of health given to her by her oncologist, the disease would have progressed untreated. This would have resulted in extensive metastasis.
Lauren now has complete peace-of-mind, knowing she is 100% cancer-free. Because she was proactive in seeking a second opinion from CTOAM, she was able to take the necessary steps to recover from cancer. The surgery, along with her personalized nutraceutical diet, ensures she’s doing everything to live a long and healthy life.
As you can see, CTOAM’s advanced diagnostics, records review, and consultations can result in significant benefits to a patient’s outcome. Having access to a team of precision oncology specialists, doctors, and patient advocates can make all the difference in the outcome of your disease.
If you or a loved one has cancer, contact us today so we can do a brief review of your medical records. CTOAM’s cancer experts will ensure that you have access to the most advanced tests and treatments available for your unique form of cancer – for as close to free, and as close to home, as possible.
Get a free consultation now!
Changing the face of cancer care, one person at a time.