How To Get Targeted Cancer Therapy
Pillar 3: Advanced and Targeted Treatment Options
Let CTOAM Help You Access Targeted Therapies
Since we know how effective targeted cancer therapies are, why aren’t they easily accessible to all cancer patients? The answer comes down to a lack of time and money in standard health care. Change happens incredibly fast in the scientific community: every day, new developments are being made in cancer research. But in large organizations like health care systems – where the infrastructure is complicated and consequently cumbersome – change happens far more slowly.
In the future, there’s no doubt that targeted therapies will become more accessible to cancer patients everywhere. For now, private precision oncology services like CTOAM exist to ensure that you do have access to these life-saving tests and treatments.
- Present use of targeted cancer therapies:
Some of the targeted therapy drugs are FDA approved and are already currently used in hospitals to treat certain types of cancer
- Different uses for targeted therapies:
However, we know through clinical trials and cancer research that some of these drugs can also be very effective (if not more) for other types of cancer (for which they haven’t yet been formally approved)
- Access to targeted therapies:
If a cancer patient can show proof through genetic testing that a particularly targeted therapy (or combination) will benefit your cancer, you will gain access to it
- Services like CTOAM help you access the necessary tests and create reports to provide as proof to your oncologist
Process of Targeted Cancer Therapy
- Targeted Cancer Therapy Timeline
In order to access targeted cancer therapy, you must first receive some form of genetic testing which demonstrates that a specific mutation is a significant factor in your cancer.
- CTOAM can arrange this testing for you quickly and easily
- Within 3 weeks, you can have all the necessary data to know exactly which targeted therapies (drugs and nutraceuticals) will be best for your form of cancer
- Within 3 weeks, you can begin your targeted cancer therapy treatment
- Targeted Cancer Therapy Cost
Targeted cancer drugs can be expensive if purchased privately; most people cannot afford them out of pocket.
- With the data from detailed genetic testing and personalized research, many of our patients are able to access the right targeted cancer therapy for their cancer within the standard medical system
- This means their targeted therapy treatment is covered by their health insurance, at no additional cost to them
- Getting targeted therapy treatment covered is impossible without proof from genetic testing
- Clinical Trials on Targeted Therapy
With proper genetic testing, other options to accessing targeted therapies become available, including clinical trial participation.
- Many CTOAM clients have also had success with accessing the most beneficial targeted cancer therapy for them in the context of a clinical trial
- If this is the right avenue for you, CTOAM provides consultation for getting into clinical trials
- This includes a personalized clinical trial search, coordination services, and ongoing support to make sure you get rapid access to the treatment you need
Access Targeted Cancer Therapies at Home
Oftentimes CTOAM clients are able to stay at home for the duration of their treatment by accessing targeted therapies from within the standard health care system; joining a clinical trial that allows them to stay at home; or receiving targeted treatment through their own oncologist.
Just a little while ago, it would’ve been inconceivable to receive targeted therapies through clinical trials (or otherwise) in the comfort of your own home. Precision oncology innovations are allowing situations like this to become the reality. And in time it will become standard for everyone. But you don’t need to wait 10 or 20 years for that to happen – CTOAM’s Cancer Care Research and Advocacy Specialists can help you access these life-savings treatments now. No matter where you are based in the world, our location-independent precision oncology services can benefit you.
Make sure you’re getting the most effective drug for your form of cancer, with the least amount of side effects.
Contact CTOAM today to learn how to get the tests and targeted therapies you need to optimize your treatment outcome. We are here to answer every question you have, and support you every step of the way.